Also known as Orthopedic Massage. This approach is extremely effective in relieving chronic pain, assisting in injury recovery, and maintaining a pain-free, injury-free lifestyle. Orthopedic Massage is based on first balancing short-tight muscles with long-weak muscles, addressing injured tissues, and doing quick and easy exercises at home to maintain, and continue the progress that was made during a session.
- Increase pain-free range of motion throughout the entire body
- Strengthen weak muscles
- Stretch tight muscles
- Balance muscles around all the joints
- Help athletes prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids; the body's natural painkiller.
- Ease medication dependence