CranioSacral Therapy (CST)
CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle yet powerful, full-body health care approach which helps relieve many symptoms of illness, pain, and dysfunction. Dr. John Upledger, D.O. conducted 40 years of extensive research on the CranioSacral system, which consists of the brain, spinal cord, cerebrospinal fluid, and protective surrounding tissues called the meninges. He made the work teachable and now over 150,000 therapists across the world have been trained in CST.
CranioSacral Therapy is performed with the client lying face up and fully clothed on a massage table. The therapist discerns the body’s cranial sacral rhythm, which occurs as the cerebral spinal fluid fills and empties within the CranioSacral system. Places where the rhythm is absent are detected throughout the body. Using light-touch techniques, restrictions are released and the rhythm is restored allowing for balance and healing.
Please dress comfortably!
- Migraines/Chronic Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Whiplash, Accidents, Traumatic Falls
- Stress and Tension-related Problems
- Trauma and negative emotional release
- Temporomandibular Joint (Jaw) Dysfunction (TMJD)
- Brain and Spinal Cord Trauma
- Learning and Emotional Disabilities
- Emotional Stress & Distress
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Scoliosis and Orthopedic Problems
- Pain from Surgeries and Soft-Tissue Trauma
- Infantile Disorders i.e. Colic, Ear Infections, Torticollis, etc. (See Pediatrics)